MakeMyTrip has partnered with Microsoft to introduce voice-assisted booking in Indian languages, which aims to make travel planning more inclusive and accessible. The technology is powered by Microsoft Azure OpenAI Service and Azure Cognitive Services and is currently available in English and Hindi for flights and holiday customers. The technology will converse with users and offer personalized travel recommendations, curate holiday packages, and even help book them.
MakeMyTrip’s co-founder and group CEO, Rajesh Magow, said that this Generative AI integration will use simple visual cues and voice commands in native Indian languages, and will revolutionize travel bookings. The company aims to break down the barriers of language, literacy, and the inability to navigate complex app environments.
The feature has now available on the landing page of the MakeMyTrip app and user can activate it, with a single click. The company plans to extend the voice-assisted booking flow to cover other transport offerings. MakeMyTrip’s latest offering uses AI and machine learning to make travel-related solutions more pervasive through Microsoft’s language models and India language speech models.
Sanjay Mohan, Group Chief Technology Officer, said that the update will elevate the user experience and make the platform more inclusive, accessible, and easy to navigate. The intuitive interface powered by Azure OpenAI Service’s GPT technology will analyze specific user requirements and recommend, customize and book holiday packages, and even summarize hotel reviews.
The beta version of this integration has been launched for 3-5% of the population, and the company plans to ramp up the technology based on the response it receives. The company’s philosophy is to leverage technology to solve real consumer problems and MakeMyTrip is proud to offer this feature that breaks down the barriers of language and literacy.
In partnership with Microsoft, MakeMyTrip introduces voice-assisted booking in Indian languages, aiming to make travel planning more inclusive and accessible. This technology has the potential to revolutionize travel bookings, breaking down language and literacy barriers. The platform’s commitment to leveraging AI and machine learning enhances the user experience, offering personalized recommendations and easy navigation. As the beta version launches and expands, MakeMyTrip’s innovative approach exemplifies their dedication to solving real consumer problems while making travel solutions more pervasive and user-friendly.
- Which technologies power the voice-assisted booking feature?
The technology is powered by Microsoft Azure OpenAI Service and Azure Cognitive Services.
- In which languages is the voice-assisted booking feature currently available?
This feature is available in both English and Hindi languages.
- How this partnership helps in generating more job opportunities?
The partnership between MakeMyTrip and Microsoft introduces voice-assisted booking in Indian languages, enhancing travel planning accessibility. This innovation could generate job opportunities in areas like technology development, language localization, customer support, and content creation.
As the technology expands to cover various transport offerings, it might lead to the need for more skilled professionals in these domains to maintain and optimize the platform, provide support to customers and ultimately contributing to career and job growth in the travel and technology sectors.
- What job roles and career opportunities it can generate?
The partnership between MakeMyTrip and Microsoft could lead to a range of job roles and career options. Some of the opportunities it can generate include:
- Language Localization Specialists: Professionals who specialize in adapting the voice-assisted technology to different Indian languages, ensuring accurate communication with users.
- AI and Machine Learning Engineers: Experts who develop and enhance the AI-driven features, optimizing their performance and personalization capabilities.
- Customer Support Associates: Individuals who assist users in navigating and using the voice-assisted booking feature, resolving queries and ensuring a smooth experience.
- Content Creators: Writers and creators who generate content for the platform, such as travel recommendations, package descriptions, and reviews.
- Technology Managers: Professionals responsible for overseeing the technology integration, maintaining functionality, and planning future enhancements.
- Data Analysts: Experts who analyze user interactions and preferences to improve the feature’s effectiveness and provide valuable insights for further development.
- User Experience Designers: Designers who focus on creating an intuitive and user-friendly interface for seamless interaction with the technology.
These roles align with technology, language, customer service, content creation, and data analysis, offering a diverse range of career paths in the travel and technology sectors.